Welcome to the Jackson SDA Church in Jackson, MI. We are a Christian community and would love to have you join our family. To learn more about what we believe you can visit our About Us page. Please join us for Bible study, worship, and prayer.
Pastor Raymond Torres
Jackson Seventh-day Adventist Church
Join Us This Saturday
Sabbath School: 9 :30 AM
Worship Service: 11:15 AM
Hot, Cold, or Lukewarm
Presented by Pastor Raymond Torres
Jackson Guidelines for Reopening the Church
OPENING CHURCH: Planning
- The plan for the reopening of the Church has been prayerfully made by the Local Church Board in accordance to the Michigan Conferences Guidelines and in consultation with Conference leadership (District Superintendent) prior to opening to ensure the safety of our faith community. The Jackson Seventh-day Adventist Church will resume with Church Services on June 20th at 11:00AM and weekly Prayer Meeting on June 24th at 6:30PM according to the following plan. Virtual Sabbath School will continue on Sabbath at 9:30AM.
- The Church in thoughtful consideration of our most vulnerable and at-risk members strongly suggest all members to follow the following guidelines as delineated in this document. In addition we encourage at-risk members (age 65+, underlying health conditions, etc.) who are more susceptible to severe illness to seriously consider what is best for their health before they attend Church.
- Individual members also have the prerogative to remain at home if they are uncomfortable with in-person services at this time. We ask that everyone bear patiently with one another because it is not possible to implement a one-size-fits-all plan that will satisfy every church member.
- Members will check in on a weekly basis via a Registration Survey by email/facebook/phone before they attend Church Service. This will assist us in lowering the possibility of anything being spread during Church service.
- Weekly attendance (including names) will be taken for the purpose of contact tracing in the event of community spread.
- We will be practicing an incremental approach to reopening services. Beginning June 20th we will meet for Divine Service only and incrementally add other services, such as Sabbath School, afternoon programming, etc., at a later time. This includes a delay of reopening of children’s Sabbath School for a season due to the inability of little ones to consistently abide by social distancing rules. When children’s Sabbath School reopens, parents will be asked to accompany children to ensure that social distancing measures are followed.
- Virtual Sabbath School will be the only Sabbath School available at this time until the situation improves.
- Online services will continue to provide for members at home and guests who are watching.
- If COVID-19 cases develop within our church, the Conference may request a reversion to more stringent measures, such as temporarily shuttering in-person services. All individuals that are confirmed with COVID-19 are to be isolated, and any individual with a known exposure is to quarantine, according to CDC and public health guidance.
OPENING CHURCH: HYGIENE & SAFETY
The following common sense standards will be maintained at the onset of reopening church service and take place at the end of every service to ensure the Church is clean before services the following week.
- Face masks are encouraged but not mandated and will be provided for church members/guests who are in need of one during services.
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided in high contact areas (entrance & sanctuary).
- The Church will be Cleaned and disinfected after services with special emphasis on high-contact areas (doorknobs, tables, chairs, light switches, bathrooms, pews, microphones, etc.).
- There will be no fellowship meals for the Church or Community Service until further notice.
- The windows and church doors, when weather permits, will be propped open to enhance air circulation and to minimize touching doors and door knobs.
- Appropriate signage will be strategically placed informing staff, members, and guests not to enter if they are symptomatic or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Members are asked to not shake hands or hug each other or pastor upon entry or dismissal. Weekly announcements will be made encouraging members to wear masks, practice social distancing, not to shake hands and wash/sanitize hands frequently. Signage reminding of the importance of no contact greetings will be placed on entry doors.
- Greeters will remind members not to congregate in the lobby or other areas of the church. The ideal is to engage in socially distant conversations in the parking lot to minimize cross-contamination within church premises.
- Signage reminding attendees of best hygiene practices will be in restrooms.
OPENING CHURCH: Worship Service
- In accordance with guidelines from the Michigan Conference we are allowed to have 60 attendees to insure that we follow appropriate social distancing measures. Members filling out the Church Registration Survey will be integral to us maintaining these guidelines.
- Families/households are able to sit together, all others else are to maintain six-foot distancing.
- Every other row has been marked off to enable members to keep six feet apart.
- Bulletins & Sabbath School Quarterlies will not be passed out but will be provided for on a table for members to pick up.
- To avoid passing and sharing of microphones the pulpit microphone will be the only utilized.
- Tithes/Offerings and Children’s Offerings may be deposited in an offering plate placed at the entrance instead of passing an offering plate or the children collecting the lambs offering.
- Children will remain seated with parents during Children’s Story.
- Church service will be dismissed row by row by a deacon to encourage social distancing.